Sunday, August 29, 2010

Throwin' Up and Thrown Over

What a day at the lake! First and foremost, K.C. and Owen came over to help line the kitchen cabinets and go for a swim. When we all went down to the dock (boot in tow),  I could not believe what horrible condition the dock was in. It looked like an accident ready to happen..... and it did.
K.C. and O-O eventually negotiated the dock and took the plunge into the clean and cool water. As the guys were swimming and having all sorts of fun, Owen commenced to just about cough up a lung...and then, he topped it off by throwing up in the lake. And that's only the the half of it.....
As K.C. and Owen left, my dear sister/ friend Cathy Chitwood arrived with a $79.00 floating chair, noodles, flippers and body boards. This is a women who would rather float on water than do anything else in the world....hmmmm.
Being water incapacitated due to my taped foot, I accompanied Cathy down to the dock and stood on the loose boards so she could safely navigate the ladder into the water. But, lo and behold, the ladder and two boards and Cathy broke loose from the dock and were all thrown into the Mystic! Woe....I've known this woman for over twenty five years and I have never seen her in a compromising situation.....until today. She gulped and coughed and stammered until I feared she'd also toss her cookies into the lake. But, fear not, Cathy soon recovered and began her beloved float. As Cathy was delving into a deep meditative state, a "really big fish...maybe a wide mouthed bass" spotted her mother's diamond ring on her finger and attempted to bite it off. I AM NOT KIDDING. For the second time in ten minutes, Cathy again lost her cool and started screaming at the top of her lungs....."Oh, God, a fish...I am so scared (?) of fish."
The bottom line is ...what in the hell do my neighbors think?  Really- vomit, ladders, dock and giant killer fish...all falling into the clean and cool water around my decrepit dock. Geez! I'm certain that Mystic Bay is a buzz tonight about the lovely new neighbor in a cast who is entertaining a cast ....of characters!
Welcome to Mystic Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a message if you wish: