Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Day 2 had been very busy, needless to say. The mover stopped by to take another peek before Thursday and informed me that he is going need two moving trucks, not one. I asked him why and he said "you godda lodda STUFF"! For my dear, dear friends who have helped me pack, this may not be a big surprise.
Hungry a a bear, I set out for dinner at 3:30 PM. My car took me to MCL where my eyes quickly feasted on all of the fresh fare....and then look a sharp right down the cafeteria line, nose diving into Thanksgiving Dinner! That's right......mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and gallons of gravy. It tasted so good. As I looked at my disappearing cafeteria food, I decided I need to give thanks (after all, it was Thanksgiving Dinner). Here was my devout offering-

Dear God,
Thank you so much for:
1. Inventing mashed potatoes and turkey gravy
2. Having me be of Irish decent, having my ancestors survive the potato famine, and having some potatoes survive, as well
3. Wonderful friends who have lightened my packing days and helped me so much
4. My loving brood..K.C., Amy, Alyssa, Rob and the kids
5. My new home on Mystic Bay
6. Making any day and everyday, Thanksgiving Day
Amen.
Burp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a message if you wish: