Saturday, August 21, 2010

For A Reason, For A Season...Or For Life

Last week, a wise friend of mine reminded me that people we love come into our lives "for a reason, a season or for life." What a wonderful way to look at our myriad of loving and often times, complex relationships.
The same tenants can hold true for our life experiences. As I sit at the San Francisco airport at 5:00 AM preparing to board, I am struck how in three short weeks, I feel as if I am seeing life through a clearer and brighter lens.
So, my beloved Sonoma.....the reason for you, I believe, was to learn to open my heart wider and with more wonder for this glorious life. The season, perhaps, was to experience the essence of long ago summers, that is, lazy slow days with no set schedule, no responsibilities of any consequence- just passing the time. And lastly, Sonoma, I pray, came into my life, for life, as a symbol of the true spirit and pure grace of life itself.
Oh, life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a message if you wish: