Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend, 2010.....the Kiss

Although it would have made perfect sense for me to stay home this weekend and get settled and get prepped for the painters and the window and the dock folks, I didn't. Instead, I headed north to Alyssa and Rob's heaven on earth, The Homestead. I have not been there for about five weeks....the same amount of time that I have been without my beloved pup, Toby.
We met on Saturday morning at the Zionsville market and swooned over casseroles and coxcomb. It was cool and beautiful and I could taste the first kiss of fall. Alyssa and Aspen, her amazing friend Lauren and I passed the time over an hour and half breakfast. Most of that time was WAITING for my crab crepe. It was well worth the wait, although I was tempted once or twice to hurl myself over the counter and prepare the damn thing myself. But hurling was out of the question, due to my space age boot that is keeping my tendon in tact. Speaking of tendons, no word yet on the MRI, hopefully tomorrow. I am still planning my trip to France on the 14th, unless otherwise advised.
Highlights of the weekend:
~ the Z'ville market, setting the tone for a laid back weekend  filled with fun, deep sharing and great food
~ seeing my sissy city dog turn into a full fledged country dog. FYI, Tobster treats himself to a daily swim in the pond, as I would, if I lived at the Homestead
~playing and laughing with baby Aspen
~loving and laughing to the point of happy hysterics with my beautiful daughter, Alyssa Barr
~being grateful for the here and now
~kissing God and thanking him for my family, first and foremost
~kissing God and thanking him for my friends, who feel like family
~kissing God and thanking him for my one wild and precious life
Labor Day was a labor of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a message if you wish: