Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Boot to boot in Carmel, Indiana

Today was my date with the Carmel, Indiana, traffic court folks. I had talked to a pleasant woman named Amanda a few times previously, as the entire process seemed inordinately complicated. When I met her this afternoon, she had on the identical boot that I have. Wow, what a coincidence!!! However, Amanda has had her boot on for 6 weeks and it is perfectly spotless ans quite professional looking. I, on the other hand sport a sorry, stained and spray painted boot. I was a tad embarrassed about all of this and explained to Ms. Amanda that I had recently moved (a month ago) and was in the middle of all kinds of projects. I asked her how her boot had remained so pristine and she told me that her doctor had told her not to walk on it very much. Ouch, my doctor told me the same thing, but there are songs to be sung and life to be lived, blah, blah blah. Amanda flashed me a 'what kind of idiot are you?" look and I packed up my papers and receipts and my boot and limped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a message if you wish: